Spring 2020 Semester Application Deadline: 11/17/2019; (Spring semester runs Jan-May)
Stipend: Successful interns receive $600 as well as a letter of recommendation from Literacy Network
Position Summary: This internship is a great way to sharpen your managerial, organizational or communication skills while helping others. Our Skills in Computers and Literacy for Employment (SCALE) program interns oversee a weekly group tutoring session that provides one-to-one tutoring for local adults hoping to build writing, reading, and basic computer literacy skills (email, Word, Excel, basic Internet usage, etc). You will be supervising one weekly 2-hour session that contains up to 8 student/volunteer tutor pairs. Training and ongoing support are provided. Lessons you create using our educational library will help tutors teach their adult students valuable employability skills.
- Write 8 personalized, meaningful, goal-based lesson plans for each student in your session.
- Make reminder phone calls to students.
- Provide support to your tutors during lessons.
- Tutor individually when needed.
- Collect and report student, tutor, and attendance data in a timely manner.
- Manage the tutoring site (arrange room, set up computer workstations, return materials to library after session).
- Provide computer technology assistance when needed.
Please send your resume and cover letter (please include which semester you are applying for, how your relevant experience/qualifications make you a great candidate for this position, and weekly session preference) to Ms. Shawn Steen via email@example.com or:
Computer Literacy Internships
701 Dane Street
Madison WI 53713
For more information: Please visit http://www.litnetwork.org/job/computer-literacy-program-internship/