For over forty years, the Chinese American Service League has been the largest, most comprehensive nonprofit social service agency in the Midwest dedicated to the physical, economic, and emotional health of Asian Americans—as well as people of all races, ethnicities, religions, lifestyles, and needs in the greater Chicago area.
Our comprehensive programs provide an educational and cultural foundation for children, ensure seniors live full and independent lives with dignity, enhance education and training for tomorrow’s workforce, strengthen families while honoring cultural heritage, secure our community’s housing and financial well- being, and achieve positive social systemic change through advocacy.
Our multilingual, multicultural employees know the challenges of the immigrant experience and strive to have a positive impact for over 10,000 people we serve annually. Supported by CASL, our immigrant community members live prosperous and empowered lives integrating the best of all cultures.
The Energy Program Intake Worker assists in the overall operation of all energy assistance related programs such as Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Summer Energy Assistance Program (SEAP), and Share-the-Warmth (StW).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer inquiries as related to all energy assistance related programs such as LIHEAP, SEAP and StW, etc.
- Complete on-line applications and make copies of required documents.
- Follow-up on applications or pending cases.
- Enter all client efforts into CASL’s Sales Force database system.
- Attend required trainings and meetings.
- Assist Social Service team with clients as needed.
High school diploma required, preferably studying for a two-year or four-year degree. At least one year experience in the social service field preferred. Able to speak, read and write English and Chinese. Able to use computer and MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. Accurate in writing and filling out forms, careful and detail-oriented.
- Ability to bend and lift a minimum of 15 pounds.
- Must have the visual, hearing, and learning capabilities sufficient to perform the essential functions defined above.
- Required to frequently sit, stand and walk for extended periods.
Environment and Scheduling:
- 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Must be flexible on schedule as it is based on seasonal program needs.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to be considered for this position, you MUST apply on ADP at the below link:
Please highlight the above link and paste in your browser to send your resume and cover letter. The link will send you to our ADP screening site where your application will be reviewed for further consideration.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
Application Closes: October 3, 2020Read the full article at: https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3903439?utm_source=activity_mailer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=notification_email