Costa Rica Frika (CRF), is an immersion experience organization with over 7 years of sending and receiving participants to/from Costa Rica to participate in volunteer, intern and exchange programs. With the current pandemic and travel restrictions in place CRF has switched gears, and like many other organizations, have taken program offerings online. CRF will be developing a virtual option for its high school exchange program as a way to develop pre-exchange engagement from their exchanges. The plan is to eventually merge virtual exchanges with travel exchanges to create an even more encompassing experience.
The main responsibility of the intern will be to recruit US high schools to the program and manage virtual exchange groups between Costa Rican and United States high schools. The internship will start with majority of time spent on recruiting schools. As the school year progresses less time will be given to recruitment and more to virtual exchange program implementation.
- Research, identify and recruit US high schools to participate in virtual exchange.
- Promote and encourage student participation in the virtual exchanges.
- Implement virtual exchange schedule and activities via Google classroom and track student participation.
- Develop own activities to implement in virtual exchange.
- Work with and/or identify a student ambassador from each US high school and work with them to motivate participation in the exchange.
- Follow base schedule with each exchange group and will work with the ambassadors to complete the activities and help the schools develop a strong friendship.
- Facilitate information for students interested in exchanging to Costa Rica in summer 2021/22 and Costa Rican students interested in exchanging to USA in January 2022. (Intermediate Spanish required)
Read the full article at: https://my.studyabroad.wisc.edu/IIP/Home/ViewOpportunity/432280