September 13, 2020 (fall 2020 internship)
November 8, 2020 (spring 2021 internship)
Led by the United States government in partnership with more than 160 countries worldwide, the Fulbright Program offers international educational and cultural exchange programs for students, scholars, artists, teachers, and professionals of all backgrounds to study, teach, or pursue important research and professional projects.
Fulbright Chile plans and implements educational exchanges, recruits and nominates candidates for fellowships, designates qualified local educational institutions to host Fulbrighters, fundraises, engages alumni, supports incoming U.S. Fulbrighters, and provides information for the public on study in the United States.
The Virtual Assistant Academic Advising Intern will have the following duties:
- Data management: collect and organize information concerning EducationUSA grants available in the U.S.
- Develop a long term project based on Fulbright Chile’s grantees’ data.
- Translate documents from Spanish into English or vice versa (Transcripts, recommendation letters, CVs, administrative documents).
- Participate in virtual social events sponsored by the U.S. Embassy, EducationUSA and/or Fulbright.
- Edit texts and evaluate essays from Fulbright candidates.
- Supporting virtual outreach efforts
- Administrative work, to facilitate the selection process.
Virtual interns will have set meetings no less that once every two weeks. For questions between meetings, students will be provided phone numbers and email to resolve them more quickly.Read the full article at: https://my.studyabroad.wisc.edu/IIP/Home/ViewOpportunity/432281