Fall 2020 Internship-9/13/2020
Spring 2021 Internship-11/8/2020
The University of Costa Rica is a public university in the Republic of Costa Rica. Its main campus, Ciudad Universitaria Rodrigo Facio, is located in San Pedro Montes de Oca, in the province of San Jose. It is the oldest, largest, and most prestigious institution of higher learning in Costa Rica and the most important research university in the country.
The intern will be collaborating and participating actively in the development of one or more research projects via CICANUM. The lab works with two research areas in Computational Medical Physics:
1. The use of image analysis in mammography to determine individual breast anatomical characteristics
2. Quantifying scatter radiation in computer tomography (CT), particularly in image analysis and radiation transport simulation.
Sample tasks include:
- Data analysis
- Writing technical documentation and reports
- Help with experimental measurements
- Development of software tools for our project (either via editing of existing tools or creating new scripts)
Interns will be required to use, edit or even write scripts in Matlab and possibly other computing languages (use and edit only). All training is provided as part of the internship.
Communication will happen via Zoom, email and messaging (WhatsApp and Telegram). Virtual interns will have regular meetings depending on how much weekly time the student can devote to the project. The supervisor will also be available for immediate questions for the student via instant messaging and will check up on them regularly.Read the full article at: https://my.studyabroad.wisc.edu/IIP/Home/ViewOpportunity/432267