Apply now to work as a Tutor next semester!
The Office of Academic Services in the Athletics Department is hiring tutors. As a tutor, you have the opportunity to work with your peers while developing communication and teaching skills. All tutors receive training at the beginning of the semester and have the opportunity to attend ongoing training workshops throughout the semester. Pay begins at $15.38/hour, and you set your own schedule.
- Tutor assigned student(s) in group or one-on-one sessions online once per week for the duration of the semester
- Assess each student’s comprehension of material and adapt tutoring style to individual needs
- Write a report that summarizes each tutoring session
- Follow compliance regulations in all tutoring sessions
- Enthusiasm for and demonstrated proficiency in the subject matter
- A grade of A/AB in the courses you can tutor
- The ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written format
- A professional demeanor and dedication to academic integrity
- The commitment to tutor for at least one full semester, a year preferred
Both graduate and undergraduate students are encouraged to send a resume, unofficial transcript, and a list of courses you can tutor outlined in a cover letter to Kohl Trimbell, Program Coordinator, email@example.com.