The English Social Club provides English teaching as a foreign language to students from different ages, from 3 to 60 years old.
The Virtual English Language Teacher and Curriculum Development Intern will do the following tasks:
- Helping to develop activities and materials for the classes, and for working with students one-on-one and in small group settings to compliment the material given by the school.
- Creating and improving teaching and engagement methods, authoring simulations and role plays.
- Helping with lesson planning
- Developing virtual modules/listening comprehension modules for English classes
- Conversational English sessions or tutoring with students
- Administrative tasks (file organization, communications, social media, etc.)
- Researching teaching methods and adapting them to one-on-one lessons and small groups.
- Creating templates and content for exercises, tests etc.
- Implementing workshops, lessons, protocols or activities in accordance with ENGLISH SOCIAL CLUB ESCC curriculum.
ESC uses Skype or Zoom for online classes. Whatsapp is used for communication between intern and supervisor. There will be a weekly check-ins with the supervisor to go through what has been accomplished, upcoming tasks and to address any questions or issues. If the student is interested, there will be an opportunity to learn about Spain from both the supervisor and from meetings with a Spanish culture partner.