TENTATIVE POSTING FOR 2021. DETAILS OR AVAILABILITY MAY CHANGE AS THEY FINALIZE THEIR PLANS; CHECK THE EXTERNAL PROGRAM WEBSITE FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION.
Under the umbrella of U.S. Department of Commerce and the International Trade Administration’s Global Markets, the U.S. Foreign Commercial Service’s Copenhagen office is part of a global network of trade specialists dedicated to supporting U.S. commercial interests around the world. The agency’s network includes more than 100 U.S. Export Assistance Centers throughout the U.S. and more than 150 overseas branches. The Copenhagen office helps U.S. businesses export their goods and services to Denmark and assists Danish businesses in importing goods from- or establishing themselves in the United States. Furthermore, the Foreign Commercial Service in Copenhagen supports the goals and objectives of the U.S. Ambassador to Denmark, advises key officers on commercial matters, and facilitates outreach programs for VIP delegations.
Examples of tasks include:
- Market analyses
- Client assistance, including partner searches and matchmaking
- Company background reports / due diligence
- Event coordination
- Internal stakeholder management, including preparation of ambassador memos and speeches
- External stakeholder relations and networking, including participation in relevant seminars and business events
- Assistance with U.S. trade missions and delegations
- Other administrative duties such as CRM (Salesforce) and website maintenance