Literacy Network is hiring for multiple internship positions for Fall 2021. During the internship, each Group Leader intern manages a group of learner/tutor pairs who meet weekly to work towards the learners’ goals. This position is a great opportunity to improve or practice lesson-planning, project management, and teaching skills while you help others in the community!
As a Group Leader intern, you will:
- Create weekly lesson plans
- Oversee a weekly session throughout an entire semester
- Support up to 8 tutor/learner pairs (for ESL and Essential Literacy) or up to 12 tutor/learner pairs (for GED)
Each Group Leader supports the goals of our adult learners in our ESL, Essential Literacy, and GED programs.
- ESL Group Leader interns help local immigrants and refugee improve English and literacy skills. The ESL interns monitor and support their sessions, which happen at a fixed time weekly.
- Essential Literacy Group Leader interns help local adults build essential skills in writing, reading, computer literacy, and math. The Essential Literacy interns monitor and support their sessions, which happen at a fixed time weekly.
- The GED Group Leader intern works with adult learners who may study any of the GED/HSED subjects including: Mathematical Reasoning, Reasoning Through Language Arts (Reading comprehension and essay writing), Social Studies, Science, Civics, Health, and/or Employability skills. The GED intern manages a group of learner/tutor pairs who meet at different scheduled times during the week.
All interns receive training, lesson planning materials, mentoring, and ongoing support throughout the semester. The internship is ~10 hours/week and paid at the rate of $10/hour. Our internships are expected to be in-person for Fall 2021.
Please contact Leanne Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.Read the full article at: https://www.litnetwork.org/job/literacy-network-internship/