Multimedia Design Intern 2021-2022
The Language Institute (LI) seeks an undergraduate intern to help us advocate for multilingualism on campus and in the Madison community and support professional development for language educators. Implement and expand our communications strategy and brand identity across a range of digital media.
- Design and produce original, digital promotional materials to be used across marketing platforms
- Edit videos and audio for LI campaigns, programs and events
- Update and write short copy for websites and social media
- Review engagement analytics across LI websites, social accounts and email campaigns
- Current UW-Madison undergraduate student
- Graphic design experience using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Comfort using WordPress and video/audio editing software (Ex: iMovie, Premiere Pro, Audacity, etc.)
- Strong written communication for writing digital copy
- Coachable and motivated to incorporate feedback into design process
- Ability to be self-directed and manage multiple projects with limited supervision
- Interest in international/area studies and languages other than English*
- Understanding of user experience (UX) design
- Prior experience or willingness to learn customer relationship management tools (e.g., Eloqua)
- To develop knowledge of the design process in a student services office at a higher education institution
- To engage in discussions around user experience and implement feedback
- To expand skills in brand management and communications through the creation of graphics and videos for a variety of digital media
Hours, Compensation, and Logistics
- An average of 4 hours/week is expected, flexible schedule, remote work option available. Remote work must be completed within the United States; international telecommuting is not permitted.
- Compensation: $13.00/hour
- Student has the option to enroll in INTER LS 260 or similar internship course in another school/college during fall semester.
- Internship will begin at the end of August and last through the fall 2021 semester with the possibility to extend through the remainder of the academic year.
Application and Interview Process
- Submit the following by 11:59 pm CST on Sunday, August 15, 2021 to Kaitlin Koehler, email@example.com and include “Multimedia Design Intern” in the subject:
- Resume and cover letter
- Two portfolio pieces (graphic or web design, video, and audio work samples)
*Students can also submit via posting on Student Jobs website
- Applications will be reviewed the week of August 16
- Interviews will be conducted the week of August 23
The Language Institute strengthens the University of Wisconsin-Madison as a leader in language education and research by promoting excellence in language teaching, innovation in the design of effective language programs, student success in reaching their professional and personal language learning goals, research in second language acquisition (SLA), and increased awareness of the value of language and intercultural learning for all. In each of these areas, we strive to foster productive collaboration across campus and beyond, exemplifying the Wisconsin Idea. Learn more at languageinstitute.wisc.edu and languages.wisc.edu.
Please contact Kaitlin Koehler at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the position or application process.Read the full article at: https://studentjobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/499214/language-institute-multimedia-design-intern