Role: Market Research Intern – Portuguese / Mainly Brazil
Organization: E.M. Wasylik Associates LLP
Start & End Date: Now – Spring 2022
Location: Madison, WI
Modality: Most work will be done virtually. (Student does not need to be in Madison.) The supervisor will regularly check in with the intern on progress.
Number of Positions: 1 UW-Madison student
Duration Starting as soon as possible and continuing to the end of 2nd semester – May
Hours per Week : ~4-6 hours/week
Primary Internship Duties: Market research and lead generation for clients expanding into the Brazilian market.
- Research various sources including the internet, social network sites, publications, etc. to find prospective leads;
- Research the Internet and other sources for information on current projects under the direction of the lead consultant
- Using English and Portuguese to do research
- Interact with generated Brazilian leads on behalf of the client.
- Prior international travel or living experience
- Qualitative research skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Creativity & curiosity
- Ability to multitask
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Relevant prior coursework, training or work experience
- Advanced marketing/market research or statistics coursework
Language Skills: Language Proficiency in Portuguese
- Proficiency (intermediate to advanced) required to do market research and converse in Portuguese with Brazilian businesses.
Language Notes Proficiency (intermediate to advanced) in Portuguese required to do market research in that language.
*Strong preference for a student who has spent a semester or year abroad using their language.
Academic Level Requirements: Junior/Senior
Compensation Paid hourly, amount to be determined.
Address Cover Letter To: Ken Wasylik, Managing Director
Application Requirements :
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
Application Instructions: Letter of interest should indicate specific goals you have for the internship and your experience with market research and Portuguese.
Please submit your resume & letter of interest directly to Ken Wasylik at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Rolling deadline; apply ASAP for preferred consideration