Language news, events, and opportunities for students at UW-Madison
Advising + Tip
Academic and career advising for language students with International Directions Advisor, Michael Kruse.
If you're planning to graduate this semester, congratulations! Also, your post-graduation employment search is basically equivalent to a 3-4 credit class or a part-time job. Yes, it's a lot of work to find work. But you're not alone - get some help from people on campus while you can!
Schwarzman Scholars Program Presentation
Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 4:00pm
“Faith and My Field: How Knowledge of World Religions Has Helped My Career”
Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 4:30pm
Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 9:00am
Bilingual Customer Service Representative
Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Deadline: March 15, 2016
Consular Adjudicator LNA - Arabic
U.S. Department of State
Deadline: March 16, 2016
Wisconsin Open Education Community Fellowship
Morgridge Center for Public Service
Deadline: March 18, 2016
Many Languages, One World Essay Contest and Youth Forum
Deadline: March 31, 2016
On Our Radar
- Report: Innovating World Language Edcuation Through Technology
- Do speakers of different languages hear music differently?
- Language characterizes humans
- The reason you discriminate against foreign accents starts with what they do in your brain
- Does Language Influence How You See the World?
- Language in School: If you don't understand, how can you learn?
- For many around the world, the internet simply doesn't speak their language
- A late-19th-century map of Native American languages
- Changes to French spelling make us wonder: Why is English so weird?
- Teacher: English-learning classes more popular than ever in Cuba
Posting of the Week
L&S Summer Internship Scholarship: Letters and Science Career Services are happy to once again offer Summer Internship Scholarships for L&S students! Awards range from $2000 - $5000 and are made possible through the generous donations from the Henderson-Reznick family, the Shinners family, and the Picus family. Learn more