Student Hourly Position: Program Intern
Hourly Rate: $12.00-$15.00
Hours:5-8hours/week(flexible); schedule flexible
The UW Collaborative Language Program (CLP) invites applications for a student hourly program intern for the 2019-2020 academic year with possibility for continuation. This position is to assist with overall program needs for shared courses across UW System campuses.
Duties of the position(s) include:
- communicating and coordinating with the CLP director
- helping to plan and coordinate all aspects of workshops and conferences sponsored by the CLP.
- some guided research around the need for languages in careers and outreach identifying candidates to be added to our growing profiles page
- some guided research and development of a bibliography on blended learning models particularly for upper level language courses as well as techniques and technologies for ASL taught in a blended learning environment.
- preparing handouts and materials for CLP board meetings as well as taking minutes at meetings.
- helping to maintain a social media presence for the CLP and it’s stakeholders (primarily Facebook at this time)
- Additional duties upon request by the CLP director based on experience and ability of the new hire
The successful candidate for this position will possess the ability to work independently, is well organized, self-motivated and can think critically to solve problems as they arise. Comfort with technology and the ability to learn quickly will be essential. Proficiency with Google Forms and Sheets, and working on shared documents is a plus. Interest in world languages and experience with social media such as Facebook and twitter is desirable. Priority consideration for this position will be given to students seeking a degree in Second Language Acquisition, a World Language, and/or Education.
The person in this position will report directly to Lauren Rosen, UW CLP director.
To apply: By 12:00 pm, Wednesday, August 31, send your current CV, and a brief cover letter indicating your interest in the position to Lauren Rosen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct any questions about this position to Lauren Rosen, email@example.com